Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nightlife and my new haircut

So these pics are of my new haircut when it was REALLY short, but now its awesome and ill be sure to take more pics of myself with it all styled and crazy anime. my students went crazy when i cut my hair and i look like a god now apparently.

Probably not but who cares, at school today i answered the phone and one of the other teachers students started gushing about how shes in love with me (shes a 40+ woman hahaha), with low level english skills talking about my blue eyes and hair colour cut style or something. i didn't understand half of it. ANYWAY enough boasting about how elderly Japanese women love me :-D

So here it be! In the background you can see a paper that has my last name in Kanji, meaning "celebrated always" which apparently means very good things and good luck, including - that i'm always happy and celebrating, and trying to make other people happy, and i'm a celebrity. Whee!

this is me approving the world, in my classroom. yayy! bad pics for the win

Here's a bad pic but whatever. No my sideburns dont usually look like this
Ta da.

NOW TO IMPORTANT STUFF. Like my favourite bar! Here's two of my favourite bartenders (theres 3 who work there and own the shop). They're the boys. the girl is a friend of mine. They're awesome, they give us free shots and seem to love us! Whee. Easily one of my favourite places to go besides my favourite ramen shop, favourite sushi shop, etc.
Here we iz again. The guy is another teacher and can't speak a word of Japanese although he's half Japanese himself. He's from California. the two girls are Japanese and speak pretty good English! Great people all of them
This time we're posing with our new zealander friend who i love dearly but is moving to Fukuoka in late dec. :-( we gonna miss her
THis is the street outside, any day of the week, at any time, its full of action. Always crowded, lots of drunk Japanese businessmen, and even more hosts and hostesses.

This is because in Japan a "host bar/hostess bar" is a place where you go to pay $30 an hour for a beautiful man/woman to keep you company. They pour you drinks and encourage you to spend as much money as possible. Its sortof sad but the Japanese society is so repressed right but I stilldont understand why they dont just approach people in real bars...
This is where i race little plastic horses!! Enough said. The video i made that i put on youtube explains everything. GO watch it if you havent, a link is posted in my last post before this.

Lastly- two signs that make me laugh!

No comments: