Thursday, November 20, 2008

Apartment and Kanji!


This is my famous apartment!

This is my hallway!

This is my washing machine beside my kitchen (i.e. sink and stove top), next is the door to my bathroom, then my fridge with a microwave on top. In the background you can see the doorway to my main room with my futon. I should have taken a better photo from that doorway but for some reason i havent yet. I will soon dont worry. Here's my bathroom

I tried fitting as much into the pics as possible so i wouldnt have to take many but it just ended up making my place look REALLY small - its small but not so small. Ive had 4 people sleep in it already together and it wasn't too bad!

Here's my closet, ladder leading up to another sleep area if you're into that...i havent experienced it yet, and my door way again leading back into the bathroom/kitchen area.

Some may think its tiny but i really enjoy it! My one beef is the lack of kitchen area, i don't mind anything else. I do wish my window had a nice view haha but what can you do when you're dwarfed by huge apartment buildings beside u?

This video may give you a better idea of my living space - sorry i hadn't cleaned up for the video shoot...usually my apartment is quite clean. honest! my friends were very surprised at how good i made the place look.

Here is what Kagoshima looks like on a rainy night from the ferris wheel atop of our huge shopping mall:

again, my photo taking skills are lame but I hope you get a small idea.

Lastly- the Japanese are very punctual. Meaning on Nov. 1st Christmas decorations were already up everywhere. I'm told on Dec. 26th they're already gone in an instant and no more christmas music is being played anywhere. Freaky. But check out some of the beautiful decorations they've put up in Tenmonkan (the downtown core i work in) and Amu plaza the big shopping mall down the road:

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I like the apartment! Even the little extra sleep area. And yeah, I think the kitchen's a little lacking too, though if I were living there, I'd probably be eating out every meal anyway =P